On Friday we travelled down to Hamilton (Mystery Creek to be exact) to the Parachute Music Festival - it was HOOOOT from the moment we stepped out of the car. We set up the tents then went up to the stall for a bit of setting out and manning the stall. Lots of interest in the hackey-sack (juggling ball) competition until the record number of keepy-ups reached 34, then people weren't as keen to try! At night we ran through our carefully planned programme of entertainment which included the Parachute Band (worship band from NZ and really great music), Mumsdollar, Shooting Stars (mumsdollar acoustic), Rapture Ruckus (like a really great version of WWMT, nah scrap that, HE was actually good!) and finally Family Force 5! What to say about Family Force 5? I can't, you have to see for yourself, so go on utube, look them up and watch Love Addict! Then comment to tell me what you think of them! Sleeping in a tent after 10 years of not, was actually really relaxing. I would do it more often.
Saturday morning I wasn't on the stall so I went to the morning meeting, then went on to the stall for a bit. Brian Houston from Hillsongs spoke on Joshua, and the Kings we need to defeat when taking ground for God. I had planned another careful programme of seminars for Saturday afternoon but the heat got to me so I just chilled. In the evening I saw Kutless (they were excellent live), The Ember Days who had possibly a saw lead guitar, and an excellent band called Fatis Valour.
On Sunday I went to the morning meeting for a bit, but then the heat got to me and I had to go indoors so I went and helped with the stall. In the evening we saw Casting Crowns and the Dave Crowder Band, both of whom were excellent. I might put a video or audio clip up. Dave Crowder did a bit of a hoe-down with 'I saw the light!'
Monday was mainly concerned with making sure we had as many people as we could interested in the Scripture Union stall, and I went on a bit of a recon mission to give out competition slips outside the expo tent! For my efforts I got a free eye patch and moustache from one of the guys from the shop stalls... do not know what he expected me to do with that, but I gave it away later to a kid who was asking for free stuff! I also bought a Parachute CD to take home with me, and I still have my Parachute t-shirt and headband which I bought on Friday. Yes I did become a little bit of a festival freak - ankle bracelets, wrist bracelets and headbands!
In the afternoon we then drove back up to Auckland, and then I flew down to Wellington. Funny how weird it was leaving the other two after being constantly with them for a week, suddenly to be on my own! Here's a bit of interest - on the plane I got asked if I was 15!!!!! I think they worried I wasn't old enough to be flying on my own!! I just very matter of factly said, no I'm 24 actually and watched the look on her face. I'm not yet 24 but it sounded more dramatic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment