Tuesday, 27 January 2009

A little more detail...

This is a little update on what I've been doing for the last week, since I have only just set up this blog!

Saturday
After travelling for 12 hours, we flew into Hong Kong airport and we had a lovely view of Hong Kong on the way in. We only had two hours there, so it was food and back on the plane!

Sunday
Finally arrived in Auckland after 24 hours! We got picked up at the airport and then went back to the house where we were staying for lunch. It was the plan to keep us up as late as possible to get us into New Zealand time, so we went to see a few sights - One Tree Hill, where there used to be a solitary tree, but it was cut down by a Maori for some reason? There's now a monument there and we could see all round the city from the hill. Then we went for a little tour of the [East] coast beaches, including Mission Bay where the first missionary landed and where there is a cute church. I had fun there...

I went to bed at a very reasonable hour on Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment