Saturday, 7 March 2009

Friday 6 March

What a busy week! My clubs and activities are all beginning to shift into motion. On Tuesday I was at Miramar North as usual - I had a different group but still enjoyed it! On Wednesday morning I went to visit the nearest Bible in Schools classes which was still quite a hike away in Churton Park, but worth it as I really want to do this. Also on Wednesday is Hataitai SUPAkidz club. On Thursday morning I went in to help in the Christian School attached to the church. This week I got to teach one half of the class while the other half did tests, so this was good experience just being given a lesson plan and going with it! Also good to keep up the teaching.

I just remembered what I meant to write about last sunday also - I was too tired to trek into town for night church so I just went and helped at the Youth night service at Miramar; Jazz, Graham and I ended up being put in charge of the barbeque which is scary, although I haven't heard of any sicknesses yet! Actually to defend myslf, I WAS actually the one who was saying it was too early to take some stuff off the grill although no-one listened!

Back to today... it's the last day of the countdown to Way 2 Go (the children's ministry training conference) and things are starting to look like they're getting into place... strangely we have suddenly run out of jobs to do! So I went with Annette to do the shopping for the special diet lunches, and to pick Andrew up from the Airport. We had heaps of time so while we were waiting on Andrew, Annette treated me to lunch at the Chocolate Frog cafe in Palmers' Garden Centre! How is it that garden centres always have the best cafes? Anyway it was a lovely afternoon to wind off a rather busy week. Tonight we spent most of the time at St John's church setting up for tomorrow - I'll be on the help desk! Afterwards Annette, Hilary, Paul and I had some takeaway Indian for dinner and watched Project Runway!

No comments:

Post a Comment