Wellington Way 2 Go has been and gone and been a success according to the general consensus. Praise God for answers to prayer in relation to the weather as the system rained itself out overnight (quite violently may I add) and it dried up this morning to be a warm but not too humid day. The sun even made it out for Morning Tea and Lunch which took much of the crowds outside.
Certainly at the practical level where I was working everything ran smoothly and the workshops I went to were interesting - I picked up many new ideas from the visual aids one especially.
There is some ridiculously low percentage of New Zealand Christians who read the Bible on a regular basis and the theme of this year's Way 2 Go was about reading the Bible and opening up the Bible to children. It seems to have inspired a few people to go away and read their Bibles properly which is excellent!
Yesterday and today I met Tamara who works with the Anglican Church in Samoa and who came over especially for the conference to see what training SU can do with the church in Samoa. she is 25 and we got on well during the conference!
Tonight we all went out for dinner to celebrate - we went to this very authentic Chinese restaurant and the food was absolutely delicious! We all went back to Hilary's house again for coffee as the Chinese only served herbal teas!!! I'm going to have a lie-in in the morning as we are not on Kidzone and I'm tired after the full-on week! Sometime I plan to put up here a post which is a NZ-NI dictionary! But I'm too tired to think right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello! I'm just leaving a comment to let you know that people are reading your blog!!i love it. especially the penguin sign..haha. take care, sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Karen
ReplyDeleteyou should add a followers add to your blog, then I can be one of your followers :-) I'm trying so hard to keep my blog up to date but it's such a mission!! Sorry I missed you after your adventure up north, sounds like u guys had a gud time. cya again @ staff conference!
ReplyDeleteI think there is one, Luzette... my friend Debs is a follower, not sure how you do it tho!
ReplyDelete