I'm not sure when this plan happened but it all started when Hilary was booking my flights for going up to the Auckland Way2Go Conference. She said to me would I like to stay on for one or two extra nights to see around Auckland and I said I'd think about it. I thought about it and realised that since I would have loads of time-in-lieu from the various conferences that I may as well take it in Auckland since I was already up there. So I said yes and would finalise the days I was staying with her.
I started to tell Nicole about this and she was talking about doing something together while I was there. I said that sounded cool. Then I suggested the place I wanted to go to up north but I wasn't sure if it was too far. Nicole said she wouldn't mind seeing it also and she didn't mind driving and she thought we could do it in one day! And so the plan began to hatch...
Hilary said we couldn't do it in one day, but I had a couple of days and I should try to get as far north as possible - why not stay over. Nicole wasn't sure how long she could get off, but Sylvia added another dimension to the plan by suggesting we might be able to stay with people she knew up north. The final part of the plan was also a suggestion by Sylvia ... since I was going to be in Auckland until the Wednesday of the week, why not stay one more day and go to a staff training day they were having in Auckland and fly home on Thursday night!
And so the plan was born! And so I am very excited about my trip north because it's somewhere I had really wanted to see, and I'm getting to go earlier in the year which means it'll be warmer. And I have someone to go with. And she has a car so none of this complicated bussing it/walking it stuff!
So I am leaving Wellington on Friday 20th March, setting up for Way2Go at night. Way2Go is on Saturday until roughly tea-time. On Saturday night Nicole and I are beginning our trip north and staying with some people on Saturday night who are not too far from Auckland. Our trip north lasts until Wednesday, the staff training day is in Auckland on Thursday, and I fly home on Thursday night - so almost a week of travelling/doing something different!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment