Monday, 9 February 2009

Today...finally!

As I sit here, the wind is whipping around my room and threatening any minute to come through the window! It hasn't been that great a day weather-wise, but I'm glad because all of my vest tops are in the wash and the only thing I had to wear today was a long-sleeved top!

Yesterday I did Kidzone as usual, then the family went to the beach. I didn't go into the water this time, but I did sit and sun myself and I think, I think, that my legs are not-quite-so pure white - possibly now a milky-white? it's the best I can hope for and maybe will take some of the embarassment out of wearing shorts!

Last night I decided that since I'm not in church in the morning, I'd really like to go to a church at night, just for me. So I found one church that had an evening service called The Street - it's a bit of a youth church, but it was okay. It was nice to see a slightly bigger church in action. Next week I'm going to try the Gospel Hall evening service as churches here tend to be a lot less conservative than at home/evening services are only for youth, and so Gospel Hall is as conservative as it gets!

Praise God for continued answers to prayer in relation to my fear of spiders - I haven't really seen that many since coming to Wellington, but I could have been living in constant fear of that one poisonous one, and instead I'm choosing to forget about it (although always looking for a white tail or red back on any spider I do come across just in case!) I can also feel that he is helping me adjust to living with a new family who I don' t know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks chick! Just noticed a lot of action on here since I last checked! Wow, all sounds amazing, great to see some pics too! So jealous of all your adventures and looking forward to hearing more!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete