I moved house today! The family seem really nice and the kids are really friendly, although the noise of children is a big contrast to Hilary's house where I was probably the noisiest person! My accomodation is amazing... I havfe my own bathroom, the room is massive, there is a great cupboard/walk-in space for my clothes and case etc, and there is a balcony... although I can't use it much because it is sooo windy in Wellington even in summer.
Tonight I went to a youth group called 'Renovate' at Ben Hague's house, known as 'The Flat'. I really enjoyed it even though it was more reflective than I'm used to. Such an interesting night - we made up a worship song together on the spot, then sang it over and over till we had it right! also the 'flatters' had a couch surfer staying with them who was from California and it turned out he was a Christian so he joined right in. What 'The Flat' is all about is that these guys are hoping to reach out into the community, so they've all moved into this house together. Poor Kirk only has an office that is too small for his bed though :(
A really cool thing we did tonight was we shared our goals both life and spiritual for the year, then the girls sat in a circle and prayed for the person on their left, then found a verse to encourage them in their goals. My verses are Psalm 32 v 7-8 and Psalm 34 (I think, could have been 39) v 5-6, and these were from Gwen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment