Sunday, 15 February 2009

Laura is ... apologising for the lack of action on here in the last few days!

Wow it seems like ages since I've written on this... and yet it WAS only Monday! It also seems like loads has happened which I've wanted to blog about and didn't, and yet I don't think I remember all of it. So this is just what I can remember... sorry!

Work was a little bit more varied this week as I was out of the office on three occasions this week! On Monday I went to visit the Family Space attached to the church where they run a playgroup - although it actually turned out to be much the same as our parent and toddlers - this will interest Ruth! I think the main difference is that Family Space is much more than just the playgroup... they have two different playgroups and the rest of the week they use the 'space' for parenting courses etc so it's a centre where lots is happening! It's also in the same room as we have Kidzone so a lot of switching of furniture and wall displays happens at the weekend!

During Tuesday lunchtime I went to a meeting about the SUPAkids club I'll be helping with in Miramar North school. The girl who runs this club, Jenny, is really lovely - she's actually from England so we were having some good chats about English tea etc etc!!! On Tuesday night I went to Renovate, the young adults group again. I'm really loving getting to know these guys and we had a really good Bible study and discussion about knowing about God/knowing God which then turned into a 'show the gospel/tell the gospel' debate. It was an interesting conversation because these guys as I've mentioned before are reaching out into the community with actions. I might also be going to Easter Camp - woohoo!

On Wednesday I was really tired and so chose to go straight to where I was going instead of going to work first and then not take so long a lunch. Where I was going was to meet my mentor that I've been assigned. It was actually quite a good time even though we met in the Sally Ann counselling rooms so to anyone else it looked like I was receiving counselling!

On Thursday night Hilary invited Marilou and I over for dinner. It was really nice to get to chat to them outside of work and I've missed sitting down for dinner with Hilary in front of the TV! I also miss our 'anti-social socialising' where we both sat down and were antisocial with our laptops together but socialised by passing the odd comment lol! I don't think she'll be inviting me over to do that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment