Sunday, 8 February 2009

Thursday 5 Feb

Today at lunchtime we went down to watch the Rugby Sevens parade. It was pretty exciting and I couldn't believe how close you got to the players (Don't think they were the firsts teams though because I didn't see any I recognised). But still ... I got a hi-five from a South African player and I also talked to the Canada team because I stared at them thinkng they were Ulster because of the colours, then I thought I had stared for so long I had to explain myself, but they were all interested in the fact I was from Ireland, so everything was all good! I then had a nice relaxing stroll through the city and took loads of pictures.

Tonight I went to the beach with Kim and the kids. The kids are really good at catching waves even with their body boards. I was quite proud to be able to say I had one, but then I had to admit I couldn't use it properly! Afterwards we got ice-cream in McDonalds, which cost 50c/18p! I have a picture of me and my ice-cream, but because Kim made me smile it's a toothy smile and I don't look good so I'm not posting it, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment